Comparing the fiber cement siding vs metal siding cost requires careful consideration.
When it comes to siding materials for your home, two popular options that often stand out are fiber cement siding and metal siding.
Both offer unique advantages and are durable, long-lasting, and low maintenance.
However, one of the most significant factors that you should consider when making this decision is the cost.
Here’s what you should keep in mind when deciding:
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is a composite material made from a mixture of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. It resembles traditional wood siding without the drawbacks of rot, pests, or decay.
The cost of fiber cement siding can vary depending on several factors:
- Material Cost: Fiber cement siding typically ranges from $5 to $10 per square foot. Keep in mind that higher-quality brands and finishes might cost more.
- Installation Cost: On average, you can expect to pay between $2 to $7 per square foot for professional fiber cement siding installation. Factors that can influence the cost include the complexity of your home’s architecture, accessibility, and local labor rates.
- Maintenance Cost: One of the significant advantages of fiber cement siding is its low maintenance requirements. It does not require frequent painting or staining, reducing long-term maintenance costs.
- Durability and Lifespan: Fiber cement siding is highly durable and can last for several decades when properly maintained. This adds to its cost-effectiveness over time.
Metal siding, often made from aluminum or steel, offers a sleek and modern appearance to homes. It is lightweight, resistant to insects, and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
When considering the cost of metal siding, the following factors come into play:
- Material Cost: Metal siding can cost between $4 to $8 per square foot, making it slightly more affordable than fiber cement siding.
- Installation Cost: As with any siding material, professional installation is recommended for the best results. The installation cost for metal siding ranges from $3 to $8 per square foot.
- Maintenance Cost: Like fiber cement, metal siding requires minimal maintenance. It does not rot or warp, and it is resistant to fire. This can save you money on maintenance and repair costs over time.
- Durability and Lifespan: Metal siding is incredibly durable and can last for many years, although its lifespan might be slightly shorter than fiber cement siding.
Comparing the Fiber Cement Siding vs Metal Siding Cost
Now that we have a basic understanding of the fiber cement siding vs metal siding cost, let’s compare the two:
- Material Cost: Fiber cement siding tends to be slightly more expensive than metal siding, with a price range of $5 to $10 per square foot compared to metal siding’s $4 to $8 per square foot range.
- Installation Cost: The installation cost for both types of siding is relatively similar, ranging from $2 to $8 per square foot, depending on various factors.
- Maintenance Cost: Both siding materials offer low maintenance requirements, saving homeowners money in the long run.
- Durability and Lifespan: Both fiber cement and metal siding are durable and have long lifespans. While fiber cement might have a slight edge in terms of longevity, metal siding is still an excellent and cost-effective choice.
Installation and Contractor Considerations
Whether you choose fiber cement or metal siding, proper installation is crucial to ensure the siding’s longevity and performance. So, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Hiring a Professional
It’s highly recommended to hire experienced fiber cement and metal siding contractors for the installation.
Look for those with a track record of successful siding projects and positive customer reviews.
- Get Multiple Quotes
Obtain multiple quotes from different contractors to compare costs and services.
Don’t solely focus on the cheapest option; consider the contractor’s reputation and experience as well.
- Check for Insurance and Licenses
Ensure that the siding contractor has proper insurance and licenses to protect both parties in case of accidents or damages during the installation process.
Ready to Enhance Your Home's Exterior? Choose Endurance Roofing for Expert Siding Solutions!
To make the right choice between fiber cement siding vs metal siding cost, it’s essential to have all the information at your fingertips. Get started by requesting your FREE quote from Endurance Roofing. Our team will assess your home’s specific requirements and provide you with a detailed estimate. Contact us today to get started!